7 day roguelike challenge – “Back Up” Completed! Written on March 16, 2013, by danbrown.
Worked right up up until the last minute but calling this a success although it may turn out on the easy side on a full play-through. Balancing it was the last task so fell a bit short there. We have everything in that was planned except a class system. Considering the state it was in [...]
7 day roguelike challenge – “Back Up” End of day 5 Written on March 14, 2013, by danbrown.
Day 5 summary Slow day again, leaving things set up for a final 2 day scramble to get things finished off and polished. Spent a long time fighting against libgdx’s built-in UI system as it doesn’t support things like hover and right-clicking natively. I think I can work around those problems as I’m not that [...]
7 day roguelike challenge – “Back Up” End of day 4 Written on March 13, 2013, by danbrown.
Day 4 summary Corridors at last! I got my head around the bad description of the algorithm we had at last and fixed the odd bits. I added up and down staircases as well. and made the player spawn next to the ‘up’ one. That should be ‘down’ thinking about it now… I also added [...]
7 day roguelike challenge – “Back Up” End of day 3 Written on March 12, 2013, by danbrown.
Day 3 summary A slow day but things are still happening. Rich made progression adding corridors to the generated map. Not quite there but just needs some debugging I think. I upgraded the lighting for line-of-sight so I could hide the rest of the level. On the monster side I made them chase the player [...]
7 day roguelike challenge – “Back Up” End of day 2 Written on March 11, 2013, by danbrown.
Day 2 summary Rich got part of the level generation code running last night by adding doorways to the existing rooms. Hopefully the corridors will get added tonight. He is using this algorithm which seemed ok at first look but on re-reading it isn’t very clear on anything. BSP looks ok so will have that as [...]